Join the mailing list to receive AOS Press Releases.Subscribe Now
Southern Hills Joint Vocational School Receives Auditor of State Award with Distinction
Columbus – A recent financial audit of the Southern Hills Joint Vocational School (Brown County) by Auditor of State Dave Yost’s office has returned a clean audit report. The Southern Hills Joint Vocational School’s excellent record keeping has earned it the Auditor of State Award with Distinction, which was presented to the school by Auditor Yost.
“Clean financial books are vital to accountability in government,” Auditor Yost said. “The Southern Hills Joint Vocational School is clearly committed to maintaining accurate records, and I am proud to present this award to the school.”
The Auditor of State Award with Distinction is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in the form of a CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
The Auditor of State’s office, one of five independently elected statewide offices in Ohio, is responsible for auditing more than 5,800 state and local government agencies. Under the direction of Auditor Dave Yost, the office also provides financial services to local governments, investigates and prevents fraud in public agencies and promotes transparency in government.