Montgomery County Entities Receive Auditor of State Award with Distinction
Columbus – Recent financial audits by Auditor of State Dave Yost’s office have returned clean reports for two entities in Montgomery County. Miamisburg City School District and the Tri-Cities North Regional Wastewater Authority have earned the Auditor of State Award with Distinction for their excellent record keeping.
“Taxpayers expect good financial reporting.” Auditor Yost said. “These entities are setting the standard for others in Montgomery County.”
Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in the form of a CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
The Auditor of State’s office, one of five independently elected statewide offices in Ohio, is responsible for auditing more than 5,800 state and local government agencies. Under the direction of Auditor Dave Yost, the office also provides financial services to local governments, investigates and prevents fraud in public agencies and promotes transparency in government.