Join the mailing list to receive AOS Press Releases.Subscribe Now
Two School Districts Qualify for Auditor of State Award with Distinction
Columbus – Recent financial audits of the following entities by Auditor of State Dave Yost’s office have returned clean audit reports. Their excellent record keeping has qualified them for the Auditor of State Award with Distinction.
- Olentangy Local School District (Delaware County)
- Pickerington Local School District (Fairfield County)
“Clean financial books are vital to accountability in government,” Auditor Yost said. “These school districts are clearly committed to maintaining accurate records, and I am proud to present them with this award.”
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in the form of a CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
- No other financial or other concerns exist that involve eligible entity.
The Auditor of State’s office, one of five independently elected statewide offices in Ohio, is responsible for auditing more than 5,900 state and local government agencies. Under the direction of Auditor Dave Yost, the office also provides financial services to local governments, investigates and prevents fraud in public agencies and promotes transparency in government.