Auditor Yost Announces Auditor of State Award Recipients
Columbus – Auditor of State Dave Yost is pleased to announce that the following entities received the Auditor of State Award for their clean audit reports:
- Adams County Regional Water District (Adams County)
- Franklin Convention Facilities Authority (Franklin County)
- Frederick Douglass Reclamation Academy (Cuyahoga County)
- George V. Voinovich Reclamation Academy (Cuyahoga County)
- Knox County Metropolitan Housing Authority (Knox County)
- Langston Hughes High School (Cuyahoga County)
- Lordstown Local School District – 2013 (Trumbull County)
- Lordstown Local School District – 2014 (Trumbull County)
- Thurgood Marshall High School (Cuyahoga County)
The Auditor of State Award is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
o Ethics referrals
o Questioned costs less than $10,000
o Lack of timely report submission
o Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
o Findings for recovery less than $100
o Public meetings or public records
- No other financial or other concerns exist that involve eligible entity.
A full copy of these audits may be found online.
The Auditor of State’s office, one of five independently elected statewide offices in Ohio, is responsible for auditing more than 5,800 state and local government agencies. Under the direction of Auditor Dave Yost, the office also provides financial services to local governments, investigates and prevents fraud in public agencies and promotes transparency in government.