Auditor Yost Recognizes Willoughby-Eastlake City School District for Clean Audit
Auditor of State Dave Yost presents the Auditor of State Award to (from left) Board President Connie Newyear, Treasurer Bill Parkinson and Board Member Rena Perchinske.
Columbus – Auditor of State Dave Yost presented the Willoughby-Eastlake City School District (Lake County) with Auditor of State Award Wednesday at the Cuyahoga County Public Library.
“Accurate bookkeeping enables school districts to focus on their chief duty – education,” Auditor Yost said. “The Willoughby-Eastlake City School District’s clean audit demonstrates its commitment to both its students and taxpayers.”
School District Treasurer Bill Parkinson, Board President Connie Newyear and Board Member Rena Perchinske were on hand to receive the award, which the district received for its clean FY 2015 audit.
The Auditor of State Award is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
• Ethics referrals
• Questioned costs less than $10,000
• Lack of timely report submission
• Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
• Findings for recovery less than $100
• Public meetings or public records
- No other financial or other concerns exist that involve eligible entity.
The Auditor of State’s office, one of five independently elected statewide offices in Ohio, is responsible for auditing more than 5,800 state and local government agencies. Under the direction of Auditor Dave Yost, the office also provides financial services to local governments, investigates and prevents fraud in public agencies and promotes transparency in government.
Director of Communications