Join the mailing list to receive AOS Press Releases.Subscribe Now
Auditor Yost Announces Auditor of State Award Recipients
Columbus – Auditor of State Dave Yost is pleased to announce that the following entities received the Auditor of State Award for their clean audit reports:
- City of Zanesville (Muskingum County)
- Defiance County
- Ohio Valley Public Employees Joint Self-Insurance Cooperative (Jefferson County)
- Portage County Land Reutilization Corporation
- Summit County Land Reutilization Corporation
The Auditor of State Award is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
• Ethics referrals
• Questioned costs less than $10,000
• Lack of timely report submission
• Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
• Findings for recovery less than $100
• Public meetings or public records
- No other financial or other concerns exist that involve eligible entity.
A full copy of each report is available online.
The Auditor of State’s office, one of five independently elected statewide offices in Ohio, is responsible for auditing more than 6,000 state and local government agencies. Under the direction of Auditor Dave Yost, the office also provides financial services to local governments, investigates and prevents fraud in public agencies and promotes transparency in government.