Join the mailing list to receive AOS Press Releases.Subscribe Now
Auditor Faber Announces Auditor of State Award Recipients
For Immediate Release
COLUMBUS – Auditor of State Keith Faber is pleased to announce that the following entities received the Auditor of State Award for their clean audit reports:
- Fayetteville-Perry Local School District (Brown County)
- Cleveland Academy of Scholarship, Technology & Leadership (Cuyahoga County)
- Ohio Schools Council (Cuyahoga County)
- Suburban Health Consortium (Cuyahoga County)
- Franklin Park Conservatory Joint Recreation District (Franklin County)
- Central Ohio Risk Management Association Self Insurance Pool, Inc. (Franklin County)
- Hancock County Educational Service Center (Hancock County)
- Symmes Valley Local School District (Lawrence County)
- Firelands Local School District (Lorain County)
- Midview Local School District (Lorain County).
- Wildwood Environmental Academy (Lucas County)
- Ohio Virtual Academy (Lucas County)
- Lucas County Transportation Improvement District (Lucas County)
- Madison Avenue School of Arts (Lucas County)
- Ohio School Plan (Lucas County)
- Toledo-Lucas County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Inc (Lucas County)
- London Metropolitan Housing Authority (Madison County)
- Pleasant Local School District (Marion County)
- Klepinger Community School (Montgomery County)
- City of Oakwood (Montgomery County)
- Clay Local School District (Scioto County)
- Imagine Akron Academy (Summit County)
- Quaker Preparatory Academy (Tuscarawas County)
- Beacon Hill Community School (Wayne County)
The Auditor’s office presents the Auditor of State Award to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office by the statutory due date, without extension, via the Hinkle System and in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weakness, significant deficiencies, Uniform Guidance (Single Audit) findings or questioned costs.
The entity’s management letter contains no comment related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than the threshold per the Uniform Guidance
- Lack of timely annual financial report submission
- Bank reconciliation issues
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit in accordance with Uniform Guidance
- Findings for recovery less than $500
- Public meetings or public records issues
- The entity has no other financial or other concerns .
Full copies of these reports are available online.
The Auditor of State’s office, one of five independently elected statewide offices in Ohio is responsible for auditing more than 5,900 state and local government agencies. Under the direction of Auditor Keith Faber, the office also provides financial services to local governments, investigates and prevents fraud in public agencies, and promotes transparency in government.