- Audio Recording
- Audit Release Advisory
- Events and Training
- Financial Audits
- Findings for Recovery
- Fiscal Caution, Watch, and Emergency
- Performance Audits
- Policy and Legislation
- Public Integrity
- Public Notices
- Public Records
- Unauditable Declaration
* Scheduled maintenance – press releases will be unavailable beginning Friday, November 15th at 12pm to 6pm.
Taylor Recognizes West Geauga Local School District for Excellent Financial Accountability
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Geauga County -
Geauga Local School District officials with the “Making Your Tax Dollars Count” award for their fiscal year 2009 audit. Fewer than five percent of all Ohio government agencies are eligible for this award.
“It is an honor to recognize West Geauga Local School District officials for their commitment to strong financial accountability,” Taylor said. “Congratulations on your hard work and for being trustworthy stewards of taxpayer dollars.”
Certain criteria must be met to receive the “Making Your Tax Dollars Count” award. Standards include:
- The entity must complete and submit a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- There must be no findings or issues present in the audit report.
- There must be no other financial concerns involving the entity.
The Ohio Auditor of State’s office is a leader in the accounting and auditing field, earning prestigious national honors from the Government Finance Officers Association, the National White Collar Crime Center and the National State Auditors Association.